Database of the Medicinal plants
A-Z list of herbal plants used in Ayurveda medicines with details...
The Process of Medicinal plants to prepare medicines
The different process of herbs to prepare Ayurveda medicines...
Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in the Ayurveda treatments...
Different types of Ayurveda Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Dasamoolarishtam is a famous Ayurveda medicine in the form of fermented decoction,a little alcoholic. The main ingredients of Dasamoolarishtam are Dasamoola, it is an Ayurvedic combination of ten medicinal plant roots (‘Dasa’ means ten and ‘moola’ means roots. It is generally prescribed by Ayurvedic doctors for Indigestion, lack of taste, respiratory problems, in diseases due to Vata imbalance, liver diseases, vomiting, anemia, urinary problems, skin diseases, hemorrhoids etc. It is used as a general health tonic. It is also prescribed for those ladies who have the problem with conception and pregnancy. It improves immunity power and strength. It is prepared by the reference of Sahasrayogam.
It is generally prescribed by Ayurvedic doctors for Indigestion, lack of taste, respiratory problems, in diseases due to Vata imbalance, liver diseases, vomiting, anemia, urinary problems, skin diseases, hemorrhoids etc.
It is used as a general health tonic. It is also prescribed for those ladies who have the problem with conception and pregnancy. It improves immunity power and strength.
It is prepared by the Kerala Ayurveda principle according to the reference of Sahasrayogam.
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Dasamoolarishtam
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Agnimantha -Premna mucronata- root / stem/ bark
- Amla – Indian gooseberry – fruit
- Bael- Aegle Marmelos – root / stem/ bark
- Bharngi -Clerodendrum Serratum – Root
- Bibhitaka -Terminalia Bellirica- fruit
- Bijasara -Pterocarpus marsupium– heartwood
- Brihati -Solanum Indicum – root / whole plant
- Chandana -Santalum album- Heartwood
- Chavya-Piper Retrofractum- Stem
- Chitraka -Plumbago Zeylanica – Root
- Devadaru -Deodar-Cedrus deodara – Heartwood
- Dhataki -Woodfordia Fruticosa- Flower
- Draksha -Raisins- Dried Fruit
- Duralabha -Fagonia cretica– whole plant
- Ela -Cardamom- Seed
- Gambhari -Gmelina Arborea – root / stem /bark
- Gokshura -Tribulus – Tribulus Terrestris – root / whole plant
- Guduchi -Indian Tinospora – stem
- Haridra -Turmeric- Rhizome
- Indrayava -Holarrhena antidysenterica- seeds
- Jala -Coleus vettiveroides – Root
- Jatamansi -Nordostachys jatamansi – Rhizome
- Jatiphala -Myristica fragrans- Seed
- Jivaka /Official substitute-Pueraria Tuberosa- Root
- Kakoli and Ksheerakakoli –Withania Somnifera (Official substitute)
- Kankola-Piper cubeba- Fruit
- Kantakari -Solanum Xanthocarpum – root / whole plant
- Kataka Phala – Clearing-Nut Tree-Strychnos Potatorum- Seed
- Khadira -Acacia catechu
- Krishnajeeraka -Carum carvi- Fruit
- Kushta -Saussurea lappa– Root
- Lavanga -clove- Flower bud
- Lodhra -Symplocos racemosa – stem /bark / root
- Madhuka –licorice- – Root
- Mahameda/Official substitute –Asparagus racemosus – Root
- Manjishta -Rubia cordifolia- Root
- Musta -Cyperus rotundus- Rhizome
- Nagakesara -Mesua ferrea- Stamen
- Nirgundi -Vitex negundo- Seed
- Padmaka -Prunus cerasoides- Stem
- Patala -Stereospermum suaveolens – root / stem/ bark
- Pathya -Terminalia chebula– Fruit
- Patra -Cinnamomum tamala- Leaf
- Pippali -long pepper- Fruit
- Prishnaparni -Uraria picta- root / whole plant
- Puga -Betel nut- Seed
- Punarnava -Boerhavia diffusa- Root
- Pushkaramoola -Inula racemosa – Root
- Rasna -Pluchea lanceolata- Leaf
- Rddhi & Vriddhi /Official substitute-Dioscorea bulbifera
- Rishabhaka -Microstylis wallichii- Root
- Sariva -Hemidesmus indicus- Root
- Shalaparni -Desmodium gangeticum– root / whole plant
- Shatapushpa -Anethum sowa- Fruit
- Shati -Hedychium spicatum- Rhizome
- Shyonaka -Oroxylum indicum- root / stem /bark
- Trivrit -Operculina turpethum- Root
- Tvak -Cinnamon- Stem bark
- Vidanga -Embelia ribes- Fruit
- Priyangu – Callicarpa macrophylla- Flower
- Meda -Polygonatum cirrhifolium- Root
- Kapittha – Feronia limonia- Fruit powder
- Karkatashrungi -Pistacia integerrima- Gall