Database of the Medicinal plants
A-Z list of herbal plants used in Ayurveda medicines with details...
The Process of Medicinal plants to prepare medicines
The different process of herbs to prepare Ayurveda medicines...
Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in the Ayurveda treatments...
Different types of Ayurveda Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Panchatikta Guggulu Ghrita
Panchatikta Guggulu Ghrita is an Ayurveda medicine, in the form of medicated ghee, used as a medicine for Sneha Karma – a preparatory procedure of Panchakarma, and it is mainly used in the treatment for skin diseases such as ulcers, abscess, sinus, asthma, rhinitis, cough and cold, psoriasis, arthritis,cardiac diseases, and gout.
The main ingredients are Panchatikta and Guggul.
It is prepared according to the reference of Ashtanga hrudayam Chiktisasthana
It calms Vata, Pitta and kapha
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Panchatikta Guggulu Ghrita
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Nimba – Margosa Tree- Neem
- Patola – Pointed gourd – Trichosanthes dioica
- Vyaghri – Yelloeberried nightshade – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia
- Vasa – Adhatoda vasica
- Patha – Cyclea peltata / Cissampelos pariera
- Vidanga – False blackpepper- Embelia ribes
- Suradaru – Deodar – Cedrus deodara
- Gajopakulya – Piper chaba
- Yavakshara – Hordeum vulgare
- Nagara – Zingiber officinalis
- Nisha – Turmeric
- Chavya – Piper chaba
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Tejovati – Zanthoxylum alatum
- Maricha – Black pepper
- Vatsaka – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Deepyaka – Trachyspermum ammi
- Agni – Plumbago zeylanica
- Rohini –Kutki – Picrorrhiza kurroa
- Arushkara – Purified Semecarpus anacardium
- Vacha – Sweet flag – Acorus calamus
- Kanamoola – Piper longum – root
- Yukta – Pluchea lanceolata
- Manjishta – Indian madder – Rubia cordifolia
- Ativisha – Aconitum heterophyllum
- Vishani – Aconitum species
- Yavani – Trachyspermum ammi
- Shuddha Guggulu – Purified Commiphora mukul
- Mishreya – Anethum sowa
- Ghrita – ghee
Arya Vaidya Sala, Kottakkal.