Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Kumaryasavam is an Ayurveda medicine in the form of fermented decoction mainly used for the treatment of gastritis, urinary tract disorders, etc. It is also used in the treatment of abdominal distention, bloating, respiratory problems like cough, cold, wheezing etc., it is also used in the treatment of piles, vata doshas-Imbalance, diseases, and certain neurological problems.
The main ingredient of is Kumaryasavam is Kumary (Aloe vera). It is prepared according to the reference of Sahasrayogam.
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Kumaryasavam
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Kumari Rasa – Aloe vera
- Shunti – Ginger rhizome
- Maricha – Pepper – fruit
- Pippali – long pepper fruit
- Lavagna – clove – flower bud
- Twak – cinnamon – bark
- Ela – cardamom
- Patra – Cinnamomum Tamala – leaf
- Nagakeshara – Mesua ferrea – stamen
- Chitraka – Leadwort – Plumbago Zeylanica – root
- Pippali moola – long pepper root
- Vidanga – False black pepper – fruit
- Gajapippali – Java Long pepper
- Chavya – Piper Chaba – Fruit
- Hapusha – Juniperus communis – Fruit
- Dhanyaka – Coriander – seed
- Kramuka – Betelnut
- Katurohini – Picrorhiza Kurroa
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus – root
- Haritaki – Terminalia Chebula – fruit rind
- Vibhitaki – Terminalia Bellirica – fruit rind
- Amalaki – Emblica Officinalis – Fruit
- Rasna – Pluchea lanceolata – Root / leaf
- Devadaru – Cedrus deodara – Heartwood
- Haridra – Turmeric rhizome
- Daruharidra – Berberis Aristata – Stem
- Marva –Rajmahal hemp- Marsdenia Tenacissima – Root
- Yashtimadhu – Licorice root
- Danti – Baliospermum Montanam – root
- Pushkaramoola -Inula Racemosa – root
- Bala – Sida Cordifolia – Root
- Athibala – Abutilon Indicum – root
- Kapikacchu – Mucuna Pruriens – seed
- Gokshura – Tribulus Terrestris – whole plant
- Shatahva – Shatapushpa – Anethum Sowa – Fruit
- Hingu patri – Leaf
- Akallaka – Akarakarabha – Anacyclus pyrethrum –Pellitroy-Root
- Utingana – Blepharis edulis – Neeraal -seed
- Shweta and Rakta Punarnava – Boerhavia Diffusa – root
- Lodhra – Symplocos Racemosa – stem bark
- Dhatumakshika – Makshika Bhasma
- Dhataki – Woodfordia Fruticosa