Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Kerala Herbal Plant Growers & Dealers
List of Kerala herbal plant manufactures, Sellers and Exporters
Kankayan Vati is an Ayurveda medicine in the form of a tablet, mainly used in the treatment of piles, intestinal worms, bloating, excessive menstrual bleeding etc. It balances Vata and Pitta.
It is prepared according to the reference of Bheshaj Ratnavali, Gulma Rogadhikara
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used to prepare Kankayan Bati
- Shati – Zadoary -root – Hedychium spicatum / Curcuma zeodaria
- Pushkaramoola – Inula racemosa
- Danti – Baliospermum montanum
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
- Adhaki – Pigeon pea – Cajanus cajan
- Shringavera – Wet Ginger -rhizome – Zingiber officinalis
- Vacha – Sweet flag -rhizome – Acorus calamus
- Trivrit – Operculina turpethum
- Hingu – Asa foetida
- Yavakshara – Kshara of Barley – Hordeum vulgare
- Amlavetasa – Garcinia pedunculata Roxb. – purple mangosteen
- Yavani – Hyoscyamus niger
- Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Dhanyaka – Coriander – Coriandrum sativum
- Upakunchika – Nigella sativa
- Ajamoda – Ajowan seed – Trachyspermum ammi
- Matulunga Swarasa – Lemon juice