Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Grahanyantaka ghritam is an Ayurvedic medicine, in the form of medicated ghee, mainly used in the treatment of bloating , anorexia, indigestion, and acid peptic disorders. It is also used as a medicine for snehakarma of Panchakarma preparatory procedures.
It gives the relief in grahani and gulma. It calms Vata and Pitta.
It is prepared according to the reference of Sahasra Yoga Ghrita prakarana.
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Grahanyantaka ghritam
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Patha – Velvet leaf – Cyclea peltata
- Chavya – Cubeb -Piper chaba
- Karanja –Indian beech – Pongamia pinnata
- Pootikaranja – Pongamia glabra
- Sharapunkha – Tephrosia purpurea
- Abda – Nut grass – Cyperus rotundus
- Shunti – Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- Pippali – Long pepper – Piper longum
- Pippalimoola – Long pepper root
- Chitraka – White leadwort – Plumbago zeylanica
- Nagara – Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- Sarjakshara – jaggery
- Yavakshara – barley – Kshara of Hordeum vulgare
- Hingu – Devils dung – Ferula asa foetida
- Ambu – Pavonia
- Jeeraka – Cumin seed -Cuminum cyminum
- Krishna Jeeraka – Black cumin -Karimjeerakam – Nigella sativa
- Dipyaka – Carom flower -Carum roxburghianum
- Saindhava – Rock salt
- Ghee – Clarified butter
Arya Vaidya Sala Kottakkal