Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Dhanwantharam ghritam is an Ayurveda medicine in the form of medicated ghee, widely used in the preparatory procedure of Sneha karma of Panchakarma treatment. It also prescribed for edema, abscess, hemorrhoids, diabetic carbuncle, Gout, spleen related diseases, skin and psychotic disease, toxic conditions, anemia, diabetes and psychotic diseases.
It is prepared according to the Kerala Ayurveda principle, manufactured by Kottakkal Arya vaidyashala
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Dhanwantharam ghritam
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Dasamula – ten herbal roots
- Sathi – Spreading hogweed
- Danti- red phusic nut
- Surahva – Deodar
- dvipunarnava – Boerhevia diffusa
- Snuk – Yellow milk thistle
- Arkamula – Leadwort
- Pathya – Termalina Chebula – Chebulic myrobalan
- Bhukadamba – Sphaeranthus Indicus L.
- Aruskara – Marking nut tree
- Ungu – Karanjamula Indian Beech
- pippalimula – Long pepper root
- pauskaramula – Inula racemoses
- Yava – Barley
- Kola – Gotu kola
- Kulattha – Horse gram
- dvipippali – Indian long pepper
- Cavya – Cubeb
- Vaca – Sweet flag
- Nicula – Small Indian oak Barringtonia acutangula
- Rohisa – Cuscus – Andropogon marteni /Cymbopogon martini
- Trivrt – White day glory
- Vidanga – False black pepper
- Kampilla- Kamala tree – Mallotus philippensis
- Bharngi – Beetle killer
- Visva – Ginger
Kottakka Arya vaidyashala