Database of the Medicinal plants
A-Z list of herbal plants used in Ayurveda medicines with details...
The Process of Medicinal plants to prepare medicines
The different process of herbs to prepare Ayurveda medicines...
Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in the Ayurveda treatments...
Different types of Ayurveda Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Manjishtadi Thailam is a medicated Ayurveda oil, prescribed for the treatment of a headache and eye-related diseases, it is mainly for external application, it is also useful in eye pain, dizziness, headache, vertigo and useful in the treatment of catarrh. It helps to enhance vision. It Balances Vata and Pitta.
It is formulated according to the Kerala Ayurveda, with the help of Sahasrayoga Tailayoga Prakarana.
The main ingredient is Manjishta – Indian Madder, the base oil is sesame oil or coconut oil.
Herbal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Manjishtadi Taila
Click to find the details of the ingredients
- Manjishta – Indian Madder – Rubia cordifolia
- Anjana – Aqueous extract of Berberis aristata
- Sariva – Indian Sarsaparilla – Hemidesmus indicus
- Musta – Nut grass – Cyperus rotundus
- Katuka – Picrorhiza kurroa
- Takkola – Piper cubeba
- Jatiphala – Nutmeg Myristica fragrans
- Raktachandana – Pterocarpus santalinus
- Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan (fruit rind) – Terminalia chebula
- Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan – Terminalia bellirica
- Amalaki -Indian Gooseberry- Emblica officinalis / Phyllanthus emblica
- Jatamamsi – Nardostachys jatamansi
- Tagara – Indian Valerian – Valeriana wallichi
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Yashti – Licorice – Madhuka – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Twak – Cinnamon – Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Ela – Cardamom – Elettaria cardamomum
- Patra – Cinnamomum tamala
- Nagakeshara – Mesua ferrea – Mesua ferrea
- Usheera – Vetiveria zizanioides zizanioides
- Agaru – Aquilaria agallocha
- Shati – Zadoary – Hedychium spicatum / Curcuma zeodaria
- Chanda – Crepe Ginger – Cosstus speciosus
- Mriganabhi – Musk
- Indu – Camphor – Cinnamomum camphora
- Utpala – Nymphaea stellata
- Hrivera – Pavonia odorata
- Kamala – Nelumbium speciosum
- Taila – Oil of Sesamum indicum
- Payas – Goksheera-Goksheera-Cow milk
- Kumari rasa – Aloe vera juice extract