Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Eladi Ghrita is an Ayurvedic medicine, in the form of medicated ghee, which is used as a preparatory procedure medicine for Panchakarma treatments. it is useful in the treatments of weakness, anemia, Abdominal bloating, diabetes, eye disorders and also used for rejuvenation. It calms Vata.
It is prepared according to the reference of Ashtanga Hrudayam Chikitsasthana.
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Eladi Ghrita
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Ela – cardamom
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
- Arishta Margosa tree – Neem
- Gayatri – Acacia catechu
- Beejasara -Malabar kino – pterocarpus marsupium
- Bhallataka – Marking nut tree – Semecarpus anacardium
- Vidanga – False black pepper – Embelia ribes
- Tavakshiri – Maranta arundinacea – Bombay arrow root
- Ajamoda – Trachyspermum roxburghianum
- Sita – Sugar
- Madhu – Honey
- Twak – Malabar bark – Cinnamon
- Patra – Malabar leaf – Cinnamom tamala
- Shalarasa – Shorea robusta
- Ghrita – ghee