Database of the Medicinal plants
A-Z list of herbal plants used in Ayurveda medicines with details...
The Process of Medicinal plants to prepare medicines
The different process of herbs to prepare Ayurveda medicines...
Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in the Ayurveda treatments...
Different types of Ayurveda Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Chavikasavam is an Ayurveda medicine, mainly used in the treatments of abdominal and urinary tract disorders. It is also used to treat ailments like tuberculosis, chronic respiratory, cough, cold diseases, gout, ascites, abdominal distension and herniaThe main ingredient of Chavikasavam is Chavya– Piper cubeba (Long pepper).
It is prepared according to the reference of Yogaratnakaram.
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Chavikasavam
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Chaturjata– Cinnamon bark, leaves, Cardamom and Ironwood
- Chavya– Piper cubeba
- Chitraka – Leadwort –Pumbago zeylanica
- Danti– Baliospermum montanum
- Devadaru – Cedrus deodara
- Dhanyaka – Coriander
- Hapusha – Juniperus communis
- Krumighna – Embelia ribes
- Kutajatvak – Connessi bark – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Lavanga– clove
- Trikatu -pepper, long pepper, and ginger
- Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia
- Musta – cyperus rotundus
- Patolamoola – Pointed gourd – Trichosanthes cucumerina
- Pushkaramoola – Inula racemosa
- Rasna – Pluchea lanceolatalanceolata
- Shadgrantha – Acorus calamus
- Shati– Hedychium spicatum
- Trikatu – Pepper, long pepper, and ginger
- Triphala – Amla, Haritaki, Vibhitaki
- Vashpika – Kala Jeera – Black cumin seed – Nigella sativa
- Vishala – Citrullus colocynthis
- Yavani– Trachyspermum ammi