Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Kerala Herbal Plant Growers & Dealers
List of Kerala herbal plant manufactures, Sellers and Exporters
Chandanasavam is an Ayurveda medicine, mainly used in the treatment of spermatorrhoea. It is also capable of improving strength and used as a natural cardiac tonic and It has the ability improves digestive power. Traditionally it is used in the treatment of nightfall.
The main ingredient of Chandanasavam is Chandana (sandalwood). It is prepared according to the reference of Sahasrayogam.
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Chandanasavam
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Amratvak – Bark of mango
- Chandanam -Sandalwood – Santalum album – heartwood
- Dhataki – Woodfordia fruticosa – Flower
- Gambhari – Gmelina arborea – stem bark and root
- Kanchanara – Bauhinia variegata – stem bark
- Kiratatikta – Swertia chiraita – whole plant
- Lodhra – Symplocos racemosa – stem bark
- Madhuka– Madhuka longifolia-Flower
- Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia – Root
- Mocharasa – Shalmali – Bombax Malabaricum – Exudate
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Nilotpala – Utpala – Nymphea Stellata- flower
- Nyagrodha – Ficus Benghalensis – stem bark
- Patha – Cyclea peltata- root / whole plant
- Patola – pointed gourd leaf
- Pippali – Long pepper – Fruit
- Raktachandana – Pterocarpus marsupium –Heartwood
- Balaka – Hribera – Pavonia odorata – root
- Rasna – Pluchea lanceolata – Root / whole plant
- Padmaka – Prunus poddum – Wild Himalayan Cherry
- Priyangu – callicarpa macrophylla – Flower