Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Kerala Herbal Plant Growers & Dealers
List of Kerala herbal plant manufactures, Sellers and Exporters
Panchavalkadi Tailam is an Ayurveda medicine in the form of medicated oil, mainly prescribed in the treatments of skin care and used in the treatment of s eczema, dermatitis, herpes. It balances Pitta and Kapha.
The main ingredient is Panchavalka, it refers to the five medicinal (Ficus family) tree barks. It is prepared according to the Sahasra yoga – Tailayoga Prakarana and formulate on the basis of Kerala Ayurveda principles, the base oil is used sesame oil.
Herbal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Panchavalkadi Tailam
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Oil of Sesamum indicum or Coconut oil
- Vata – Ficus bengalensis Linn
- Aswatta – Ficus religiosa
- Udumbara – Ficus Racemosa Linn
- Plaksha – Ficus Lacor
- Parisha – Ficus Arnottiana – These above five Ficus barks are together called as Panchavalkala
- Nisha – Turmeric – Rajani-Turmeric-Curcuma longa
- Gopi – Sariva – Indian Sarsaparilla – Hemidesmus Indicus
- Rambha – Coconut stem -Cocos nucifera
- Kamala – Nelumbium Speciosum
- Utpala – Nymphaea stellata
- Madhuka – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Twak – Cinnamon – Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Sevya – Usheera – Vetiveria zizanioides zizanioides
- Abhaya – Terminalia chebula
- Chandana-Sandal-Santalum album