Database of the Medicinal plants
A-Z list of herbal plants used in Ayurveda medicines with details...
The Process of Medicinal plants to prepare medicines
The different process of herbs to prepare Ayurveda medicines...
Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in the Ayurveda treatments...
Different types of Ayurveda Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Mahatiktam Kashayam is an Ayurveda medicine in a form of decoction, mainly prescribed for the treat of skin diseases, non-healing wounds, abscess, sinuses and pruritis and inflammatory problems, toxic conditions and treat fistula wounds. It is an effective medicine for psychiatric conditions, heart diseases, eye diseases, bleeding diseases etc. It is capable of control Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
It is an effective medicine for psychiatric conditions, heart diseases, eye diseases, bleeding diseases etc. It is capable of control Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
It is prepared according to the reference of-Ashtanga Hrudayam.
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Mahatiktam Kashayam
- Saptaparna – Alstonia scholaris
- Shampaka – Cassia fistula
- Katuka – Picrorhiza Kurroa
- Vacha – Acorus calamus
- Triphala – Haritaki – Pathya – Chebulic Myrobalan
- Pathya – Chebeulic Billerica
- Amla–Indian Gooseberry- Emblica Officinalis
- Padmaka – Prunus Podum
- Patha – Cycleapeltata / Cissampelos Pariera
- Haridra – Turmeric —Rajani – Turmeric – Curcuma longa
- Daruharidra – Berberis Aristata
- Sariva – Hemidsemus Indicus
- Kana – Long pepper – Piper longum
- Nimba – Neem – Azadirachta indica
- Chandana – Sandalwood – Santalum album
- Yashti – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Vishala – Citrullus Colocynthis
- Indrayava – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Guduchi – Indian Tinospora– Tinospora Cordifolia
- Kiratatikta – Swertia Chiraita
- Sevya – Ficus religiosa
- Vrusha – Adhatoda Vasica
- Murva – Rajmahal Hemp -Marsdenia Tenacissima
- Shatavari – Asparagus Racemosus
- Patola – Trichosanthes Dioica
- Ativisha – Aconitum Heterophyllum
- Musta – Nut grass– Cyperus rotundus
- Trayanti – Indian Gentian – Gentiana kurroa
- Dhanvayasa –Camel thorn- Alhagi pseudalhagi
- Parpataka – Indian Fumitory– Fumaria Indica