Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Kerala Herbal Plant Growers & Dealers
List of Kerala herbal plant manufactures, Sellers and Exporters
Tikthagrutham or Tikthagritha is an Ayurveda medicine in the form of ghee, mainly prescribed in the treatments of Bilious, skin disorders, Erysepelas, Acene, vulgairs Anaemia Piles, Spure Jaundice, Allergic and Chronic skin diseases, Recommended as a blood purifier. It is used as a preparatory medicine for Panchakarma.
Tikatha is a Sanskrit word means ‘bitterness’
Herbalplants and other ingredient used in
the preparation of Tikthagrutham
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Cicinda – Snake gourd-Trichosanthes anguina
- Daru-Haridrakam-Tree turmeric-Coscinium fenestratum
- Neem-Nimba – Azadirachta indica
- Brahmi-Bacopa monnieri
- Swetha chandana-Santalum album
- Gokritha-Cow ghee.
- Patola – Trichosanthes dioica
- Katuka – Picrorrhiza kurroa
- Duralabha – Alhagi pseudalhagi
- Parpata – Fumaria indica
- Trayamana – Gentiana kurroo
- Trayanti – Gentiana kurroo
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Bhunimba – Andrographis paniculata
- Kalinga – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Kana – Indian Long pepper – Piper longum