Database of the Medicinal plants
A-Z list of herbal plants used in Ayurveda medicines with details...
The Process of Medicinal plants to prepare medicines
The different process of herbs to prepare Ayurveda medicines...
Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in the Ayurveda treatments...
Different types of Ayurveda Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Sahacharadi Kuzhambu is an Ayurveda medicine used as a massage oil for external application for those who suffer vata problems. It is very effective to reduce alleviating pain and cramping of any joint or muscle aching. It is used in the treatment of muscle and joint stiffness and convulsions, rheumatic affections of lower extremities, rheumatic chorea, Parkinson’s, it is also used to treat Vata imbalance disorders, gynecological disorders. It is used orally and also for massage.
It is prepared according to the reference of Ashtanga Hrudayam, ‘Sahachara’ is a Sanskrit name of Sahachara – Strobilanthes ciliates
Apply gently on body parts and heated one hour before bathing.
Medicinal Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Sahacharadi Kuzhambu
Click to find the details of the ingredients
- Sahachara – Strobilanthes ciliates
- Bael – Silva – Aegle Marmelos
- Agnimantha – Prema Mucronata
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum Indicum
- Gambhari – Gmelina Arborea
- Patala- Stereospermum Suaveolens
- Shalaparni – Desmodium Gangeticum
- Prinshnaparni – Urarica picta
- Gokshura – Tribulus Terrestris
- Brihati – Solanum Indicum
- Kantakari – Solanum Xanthocarpum
- Abhiru – Asparagus Racemosus –
- Sevya – cuscus – Vetiveria Zizanioides
- Nakha – Capparis sepiaria
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Hima – Sandalwood – Santalum album
- Ela – Cardamom – Elettaria cardamomum
- Sprikka – Anisomeles Malabarica
- Priyangu – Callicarpa Macrophylla
- Nalika – Hibiscus cannabinus
- Ambu – Pavonia Odorata
- Shaileya – Parmelia perlata
- Lohita – Indian Madder (root) – Rubia cordifolia
- Nalada – Nardostachys Jatamansi
- Loha – Agaru– Aquilaria Agallocha
- Surahva – Himalayan cedar (bark) – Cedrus deodara
- Choraka – Wild celery Angelica Glauca
- Mishi – Indian Dill – Anethum Sowa
- Tail – Sesame oil – Sesamum indicum
- Turushka – Liquid amber orientalis
- Nata – Indian valerian (root) – Valeriana wallichi
- Goksheera – Cow milk