Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Triphala Ghrita is an Ayurveda medicine, in the form of a medicated ghee, mainly used as a medicine in snehakarma a preparatory procedure of Panchakarma, for eye related problems such as early stage of cataract, Erysipelas, eye pain with itching and discharge, and also useful in treatment of tumors,hair fall, cough, Excessive discharge in women, oedema, intermittent fever etc.
Triphala is a combination of three medicinal fruits
It calms Pitta and Vata.
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Triphala Ghrita
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Triphala – Haritaki , Vibhitaki, Amla
- Trikatu – Pepper, long pepper and ginger.
- Draksha – dry grapes
- Madhuka – Licroice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Katukarohini – Kutki – Picrorrhiza kurroa
- Prapaundarika – Lotus variety
- Ela – Gree cardamom
- Vidanga –False blackpepper – Embelia ribes
- Nagakeshar – Cylon ironwood – Mesua ferrea
- Nilotpala – Nymphoea stellata
- Shweta and Krishna Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Chandana – sandalwood – Santalum album
- Haridra – Turmeric
- Daruharidra – Berberis aristata