Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Tikta Ghrita is an Ayurveda medicine, in the form of medicated ghee mainly used as a preparatory medicine for snehakarma of Panchakarma treatments, and also used as a medicine for the treatments of skin diseases like leprosy, itching, non healing wound, wound with pus, blisters, inflammation, and also useful invisarpa, carbuncles, burning sensation, dizziness, anemia, vomiting, sinus, abscess, psychosis, heart diseases, jaundice, eye diseases, malabsorption syndrome, leucoderma, fistula, leucorrhea, piles.Tikta means bitterness.
It balance Pitta and Calms Pitta.
Tikta Ghrita is preaped according to the reference of Ashtangahrudayam Chikitsasthana.
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Tikta Ghrita
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Patola –Pointed gourd – Trichosanthes dioica
- Nimba – Margosa – Neem
- Katuka –Kutki -Picrorrhiza kurroa
- Darvi – Berberis aristata
- Duralabha –Camel thorn – Alhagi pseudalhagi
- Parpata – Fumaria indica
- Trayamana – Indian Gentian – Gentiana kurroo
- Musta – Nut grass – Cyperus rotundus
- Bhunimba – The creat – Andrographis paniculata
- Kalinga – Snow flake tree – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Kana – Long pepper – Piper longum
- Gritha – Ghee