Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Pippalyadi Ghrita is an Ayurvedic medicine, in the form of medicated ghee, used as amedicine in the Sneha Karma – a preparatory procedure for Panchakarma.This medicine is also used in the treatment of fever and related disease. It calms Vata and Kapha.
The main ingredient is Pippali – Indian Long pepper
It is prepared according to the reference of Charaka Samhita, and Ashtanga Hrudaya Chikitsa sthana.
Herbal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Pippalyadi Ghrita
Click to find the details of the ingredients
- Pippali – Indian Long pepper
- Indrayava – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Dhanavi – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Tikta – Picrorhiza kurroa
- Sariva – Indian Sarsaparilla – Hemidesmus indicus
- Amla – Indian Gooseberry- Emblica officinalis
- Tamalaki – Seed under leaf – Phyllanthus niruri
- Bilva – Bael – Aegle marmelos
- Musta – Nut grass – Cyperus rotundus
- Hima – Sandal wood – Santalum album
- Palani – Indian Gentian – Gentiana kurroa
- Sevya – Cuscus – Vetiveria zizanioides
- Draksha – dry grapes
- Ativisha – Aconitum heterophyllum
- Sthira – Desmodium gangeticum
- Ghrita – Ghee