Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Patoladi Ghrita is an Ayurveda medicine, in the form of medicated ghee, used as a medicine for Sneha karma – a preparatory procedure of Panchakarma, and also used as medicine for skin diseases such as abscess, fever, infections, skin diseases, diseases of the ear, nose and throat and eye diseases. It calms Vata, Pitta and kapha.
The main ingredient is Patola – Pointed Gourd
Patoladi Ghritam is prepared according to the reference of Ashtangahrudayam Uttarasthana.
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Patoladi Ghrita
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Nimba – Margosa Tree – neem
- Patola – Pointed Gourd – Trichosanthes dioica
- Katuka – Kutki – Picrorhiza kurroa
- Darvi – Indian barberry – Berberis aristata
- Sevya – Cuscus – Vetiveria zizanioides
- Triphala – Haritaki, Vibhitaki and Amla
- Vrisha – Malabar Nut – Adhatoda vasica
- Dhanvayasa – Camel thorn -Alhagi pseudalhagi
- Trayanti – Indian Gentian – Gentiana kurroa
- Parpata – Fumaria indica
- Amla – Emblica officinalis
- Ghrita – ghee
- Musta – Nutgrass – Cyperus rotundus
- Bhunimba – The creat – Andrographis paniculata
- Yashtimadhu – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Kutaja –Snow flake tree – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Udichya – pavonia indica
- Chandana – Sandal wood – Santalum album
- Pippali – Long pepper