Database of the Medicinal plants
A-Z list of herbal plants used in Ayurveda medicines with details...
The Process of Medicinal plants to prepare medicines
The different process of herbs to prepare Ayurveda medicines...
Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in the Ayurveda treatments...
Different types of Ayurveda Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Vimala Varti is an Ayurveda collyrium medicine, in the form of oil, mainly used in the treatment of ophthalmic conditions such as cataract, itching in eyes etc.
It is formulated on the basis of Kerala Ayurveda Principle.
Medicinal plants and other ingredient used in the preparation of Vimala Varti
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Madhukar – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Pippali – Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
- Lodhra – Lodh tree (bark) – Symplocos Racemosa
- Daru Haridra – Tree Turmeric (stem) – Berberis aristata
- Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia Chebula
- Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia Bellirica
- Amalaki – Indian gooseberry fruit – Emblica Officinalis Gaertn.
- Himambu – Cold water