Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Trikantaka Ghritam is an Ayurveda medicine, in the form of a medicated ghee, mainly used as a medine for Snehakarma procedure of Pnchakarma treatments and also prescribed for the treatments of urinary system related diseases such as Urinary tract infections, diabetes, calculus.
The main ingredient is Trikantaka which refers to Tribulus
It calms Kapha and Vata,
It is prepared according to the reference of Sahasrayoga Ghritaprakarana.
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Trikantaka Ghritam
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Trikantaka – Yellow vine – Tribulus terrestris
- Ela – Green cardamom
- Shilabheda – Mountain Knotgrass – Aerva lanata
- Yashtimadhu – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Shatavari – Satavar – Asparagus racemosus
- Darbha – Sacrificial Grass -Desmostachya bipinnata
- Ambu – Indian Pavonia – Pavonia odorata
- Shundi – Indian Long pepper – Piper longum
- Vasuka – Malabar nut -Adhatoda zeylanica
- Vasiraka – Cubeb – Piper cubeba
- Kasha – Devils Grass – Saccharum spontaneum
- Ikshumoola – root of sugar cane
- Matsyakshika – Water Cress – Enhydra fluctuans