Database of the Medicinal plants
A-Z list of herbal plants used in Ayurveda medicines with details...
The Process of Medicinal plants to prepare medicines
The different process of herbs to prepare Ayurveda medicines...
Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in the Ayurveda treatments...
Different types of Ayurveda Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Mandoora Vatakam is an Ayurveda medicine in the form of a tablet, used in the treatment of anemia, jaundice, hepatitis, liver and skin and inflammatory conditions and Hemorrhoids.
The main ingredient is Mandoora is the Sanskrit name of Purified Ferric oxide.
It is prepared according to the reference of Ashtanga Hrudayam Pandu Chikitsa and also mentioned in Sahasra Yoga, Gutika Prakarana.
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Mandoora Vatakam
Click to find the details of the ingredients
- Darvi Twacha – Bark of Berberis aristata
- Chavya – Piper chaba
- Granthika – Root of long pepper – Piper longum
- Devadaru – Cedrus deodara
- Vyoshadi Navaka – Pepper – Long pepper and Ginger
- Amla – Amalaki – Indian gooseberry fruit / Emblica officinalis Gaertn.
- Haritaki -Terminalia chebula
- Vibhitaki -Terminalia bellirica
- Musta -Cyperus rotundus-Nut grass
- Vidanga – Embelia ribes
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
- Mandoora – Purified Ferric oxide
- Tapya – Swarnamakshika Bhasma (Purified and incinerated copper pyrite)
AVN Ayurveda Formulations Pvt. Ltd.
Arya Vaidya Sala (Kottakkal)