Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Lakshadi Kuzhambu is an Ayurvedic medicine in the form of medicated oil, mainly used for external application for rheumatic diseases, bone impairmentse except on head, it is also used as a massage oil, it is manufactured by Arya vaidya sala Kottakkal
The main ingredient is Laksha is Lac a resinous excretion of lac insect
Medicinal plants and other ingredient used in the preparation of Lakshadi Kuzhambu
Click to find the details of the ingredients
- Shellac-A resin from insects-Coccus lacca-Kolarakku
- Ashwagandha – Withania somnifera
- Rajani – Turmeric – Curcuma longa
- Hima – Sandalwood – Santalum album
- Malayavach – Java Galangal -Alpinia Calcarata
- Sesame-Gingelly oil
- Eranda – Ricinus communis Linn. Euphorbiaceae -Castor oil