Database of the Medicinal plants
A-Z list of herbal plants used in Ayurveda medicines with details...
The Process of Medicinal plants to prepare medicines
The different process of herbs to prepare Ayurveda medicines...
Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in the Ayurveda treatments...
Different types of Ayurveda Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Elakanadi Kashayam is an Ayurveda medicine in the form of decoction, mainly prescribed in the treatments of Bronchitis, Cough, Flu, Fever, Dyspnoea, Consumption, Anorexia tuberculosis. Ela – Eletteria cardamomum is the main ingredient of this medicine so it is called Ela-kanadi.
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Elakanadi Kashayam
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Ela – Eletteria cardamomum
- Dasamoolam-Group of ten roots
- Pippali – Kana – Piper longum
- Licorice – Madhuka- Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Nagara-Shunti-Zingiber Officinalis – ginger
- Musta – Nut grass– Cyperus rotundus
- Vasa – Adhatoda beddomei
- Nimba – Neem – Azadirachta indica
- Guduchi – Indian Tinospora– Tinospora Cordifolia
- Forrsk Ambu(Hribera) – Coleus Zeylanicus
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
- Gambhari – Gmelina arborea
- Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens
- Agnimantha – Premna mucronata
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris