Database of the Medicinal plants
A-Z list of herbal plants used in Ayurveda medicines with details...
The Process of Medicinal plants to prepare medicines
The different process of herbs to prepare Ayurveda medicines...
Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in the Ayurveda treatments...
Different types of Ayurveda Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Punarnavadi Kashayam is an Ayurveda medicine in the form of a liquid, mainly used in the treatment of myxedema, ascites, anasarca, dyspnoea, anemia and also used in respiratory conditions, cold & cough and abdominal pain.
It is prepared according to the reference of Bhaishajya Ratnavali Udararoga, Sahasrayogam.
The main ingredient is Punarnava– Spreading Hogweed
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Punarvadi Kashayam
Click to find the details of the ingredients
- Punarnava- Spreading Hogweed -Boerrhavia diffusa
- Nimba – Neem – Azadirachta indica
- Patola – Snake-Gourd – Trichosanthes anguina
- Nagara-Shunti-Zingiber officinalis – Ginger
- Brihati – Indian Nightshade – Solanum indicum
- Guduchi – Indian Tinospora– Tinospora cordifolia
- Daru haridra – Coscinium fenestratum
- Pathya – Chebulic Myrobalan / Terminalia chebula