Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Panchatikta Ghrita is an Ayurveda medicine, in the form of medicated ghee form, used as a medicine for Sneha karma- a preparatory procedure for Panchakarma.It is also recommended for skin diseases like non-healing ulcers, skin disease, eczema, and also in the treatments of worm infestations, hemorrhoids, and cough.Panchatikta is the combination of two Sanskrit words pancha and tikta – refers to five bitter herbs
It calms Vata, Pitta and kapha
It is prepared according to the reference of Bhaishajya Ratnavali Kushta adhikara
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Panchatikta Ghrita
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Nimba – Margosa Tree -neem
- Patola – Ribbed Gourd – Luffa acutangula
- Vyaghri – Yellowberried Nightshade – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Guduchi – Giloy – Tinospora cordifolia
- Vasa – malabar Nut – Adhatoda vasica
- Triphala – Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Ghrita – ghee