Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Lodhrasavam is an Ayurveda medicine in the form of liquid, mainly prescribed in the treatments of leucoderma, obesity, etc. and also used in other bleeding conditions like piles, digestive diseases, skin diseases and intestinal worms etc.
The main ingredient of Lodhrasavam is Lodhra (Lodh Tree- Lodhra -Symplocos Racemosa).
It is prepared according to the reference of Ashtangahridayam.
Medicinal plants and other ingredient used in the preparation of Lodhrasavam
Click to find the details of the ingredients
- Lodhra -Symplocos Racemosa
- Shati – Hedychium Spicatum
- Vella – Vidanga – False Black Pepper – Embelia Ribes
- Bharangi – Clerodendron Serratum
- Nata – Tagara – Valeriana officinalis – Valerian Root
- Nakha –Wild Caper Bush – Capparis Sepiaria
- Plava – Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Kalinga – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Kramuka – Betelnut
- Priyangu – Callicarpa Macrophylla
- Ativisha – Aconitum Heterophyllum
- Agni – Chitraka – Leadwort – Plumbago Zeylanica
- Vishala – Indravaruni – Citrullus Colocynthis
- Twak – Cinnamon
- Ela – Cardamom
- Patra – Cinnamomum Tamala
- Nagakeshara – Mesua ferrea
- Bhunimba – Andrographis Paniculata
- Katuki – Picrorhiza kurroa
- Yovani – Bishop’s weed – Trachyspermum Ammi
- Pushkaramoola – Inula Racemosa
- Patha – Cyclea peltata
- Granthi – Piper longum
- Chavya – Piper Chaba – Root
- Murva – Marsdenia Tenacissima