Database of the Medicinal plants
A-Z list of herbal plants used in Ayurveda medicines with details...
The Process of Medicinal plants to prepare medicines
The different process of herbs to prepare Ayurveda medicines...
Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in the Ayurveda treatments...
Different types of Ayurveda Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Dasapushpam – herbal combination of ten flowers
Dasapushpam(ദശപുഷ്പം) is a combination of two Sanskrit word ‘Dasa’ means ‘Ten’ and ‘Pushpa’ means ‘Flowers’ which is a magical combination of ten medicinal plant’s flowers or Ten Sacred Flowers. These ten sacred flowers are found throughout Kerala as a weed, especially in the Western Ghats region. It is an important ‘oushadayogam’ in the Kerala Ayurveda principle.
It is an important ingredient in the Ayurveda oil for skin related problems, for example Dasapushpadi tailam, Dasapushpadi Keram etc.
Members of Dasapushpam -Ten sacred flowers group
Click to find the details of plants
1. Mukkutti (മുക്കുറ്റി) – Biophytum sensitivum
2. Thiruthali (തിരുതാളി ) – Ipomea maxima
3. Kayyoni (കയ്യൂന്നി) – Eclipta prostrata
4. Poovamkurunnila (പൂവാങ്കുരുന്നില) – Vernonia cineria
5. Vishnukranthi (വിഷ്ണുക്രാന്തി) – Evolvulus alsinoides
6. Karuka (കറുക) – Cynodon dactylon
7. Muyalcheviyan (മുയൽചെവിയൻ ) – Emelia sonchifolia
8. Nilappana (നിലപ്പന) – Curculigo orchioides
9. Uzhinja (ഉഴിഞ്ഞ) – Cardiospermum halicacabum