Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Kerala Herbal Plant Growers & Dealers
List of Kerala herbal plant manufactures, Sellers and Exporters
Arka is a Sanskrit word of Blue madar-Calotropis Procera and it is the main ingredient of Arkadi Kashaya, Arkadi Thailam etc.
It is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of backache, stiffness, spondylosis, cough, cold, asthma, bronchitis etc. It Balances Vata disorders.
Medicinal plants and other ingredient used in the preparation of Arkadi Kashayam
Click to find the details of the ingredients
- Arka – Blue madar-Calotropis Procera
- Ananta – Hemidesmus Indicus
- Kiratatikta – Swertia Chirata
- Devadaru – Himalayan cedar (bark) – Daru -Cedrus deodara
- Rasna – Pluchea lanceolata / Vanda roxburghi
- Nirgundi – Vitex negundo– Five-leaved chaste tree
- Vacha – Acorus calamus
- Agnimantha – Premna corymbosa
- Shigru – Moringa Oleifera
- Pippali – Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
- Pippalimula – Long pepper root – Piper longum
- Chavya – Java Long Pepper – Piper Chaba
- Chitraka – Lead Wort (root) – Plumbago zeylanica
- Shunti – Ginger Rhizome – Zingiber Officinalis
- Ativisha – Aconitum Heterophillum
- Markava – Eclipta alba