Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
The main ingredient of Aravindasavam is Aravinda (Indian Lotus). It is prepared according to the reference of Sahasrayogam. Aravindasavam prescribed for those children who have less appetite, to improve digestion and gain body weight and strength. It is also used in treating psychological problems like crying without any reason.
High dose usage may cause the gastric problem. It is better to give after food.
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Aravindasavam
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Amalaki – Amla
- Ambuda – Musta -Cyperus rotundus
- Aravinda -Lotus – Nelumbo nucifera
- Arjuna -Terminalia Arjuna
- Bala-Sida Cordifolia
- Dhataki -Woodfordia fruticosa
- Draksha – Dry grapes
- Ela – Cardamom – Seed
- Jatamansi -Nardostachys Jatamansi
- Kashmari -Gmelina Arborea
- Madhuka -Madhuca Indica
- Manjishta -Rubia cordifolia
- Mura -Selinum Tenuifolium
- Neelini – Indigofera tinctoria
- Parpata – Fumaria Parviflora – Indian fumitory
- Patola -Trichosanthes dioica
- Sariva -Hemidesmus Indicus
- Shati -Hedychium spicatum
- Shiva – Haritaki -Terminalia chebula
- ShyamaTrivrit –Ipomoea turpethum
- Usheera -Vetiver Zizanioides
- Utpala -Nymphaea stellata
- Vacha -Acorus calamus
- Vibhitaki -Terminalia bellirica
- Yashti Madhu -Licorice