Categories of Ayurveda Medicines
Different categories of Ayurvedic medicines used in Ayurveda treatments...
Types of Ayurvedic Treatments
Different types of Ayurvedic treatment for different types of illness like...
Ayurveda colleges & Research Centers
List of Indian Ayurveda college and University Research centers ...
Indian Ayurveda Resorts & Treatments
List of Indian Ayurveda Resorts and Treatment centers in India....
Important Ayurveda Books
List of important Ayurvedic books and its authors name, to get vast knowledge ...
Kerala Herbal Plant Growers & Dealers
List of Kerala herbal plant manufactures, Sellers and Exporters
Abhayarishtam is an Ayurveda medicine in the form of fermented liquid (Alcoholic content) mainly prescribed for the treatment of Hemorrhoids, abdominal distension, ascites and constipation. Avoid during pregnancy.
Abhaya is the Sanskrit word of Chebulic Myrobalan – the main ingredient is Abhaya -Terminalia Chebula.
It is prepared under the reference of Sahasrayogam.
Medicinal plants and other ingredients used in the preparation of Abhayarishtam
Click to find the details of ingredients
- Abhaya/Haritaki -Terminalia Chebula
- Chavya – Piper Retrofractum – Balinese Long Pepper
- Danti-Baliospermum montanum – wild castor, Red Physic Nut
- Dhanyaka – Coriander – Coriandrum Sativum Linn
- Dhataki -Woodfordia fruticosa – Fire Flame Bush
- Draksha – Dry grapes – Vitis Vinifera Linn.
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris – Devil’s weed
- Indravaruni – Citrullus colocynthis – bitter cucumber
- Madhuka or Poonam – Madhuca indica -Honey tree
- Mishreya – Foeniculum vulgare – Fennel
- Mocharasa – Salmalia malabarica – Silk Cotton Tree, Elavu
- Shunti – Ginger – Zinziber Officinalis Rosc
- Trivrit, tigade – Operculina turpethum – St. Thomas lid pod
- Vidanga – Vizhal – Embelia ribes – False black pepper